01 October 2009

Booking Through Thursday - Would You Lie?

The Booking Through Thursday question this week asks "Would You Lie?"

Two-thirds of Brits have lied about reading books they haven’t. Have you? Why? What book?

I was intrigued by this question and my first impulse was to say 'no'. However, once I thought about it for a while I realised that, at some stage, I probably have lied about reading a book that I haven't actually read. An example which comes to mind is the boring reading lists which were forced on us at school. While I can't recall specific instances, I know during my school years Shakespeare did my head in and I read as little as possible of him. So, it is quite possible that I didn't get as well acquainted with William as my teacher thought I had.

However, as an adult, I can say that I haven't lied about reading a particular book and can't think what people would get out of lying about such a thing. I read for pleasure - not to impress anyone with a long reading list of what might be considered trendy titles or the 'in thing' to read.

So, to answer the question, Yes I suppose I have lied about reading a particular book, but only when I was young and full of self-importance. However, now I am a reformed person and would never again mislead anyone about anything I have or haven't read.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates